Sunday, February 23, 2020

WHAT DOES 'A MEDICAL REPRESENTATIVE' MEAN? (WHAT IS MR?)

What does 'A Medical Representative' mean? (What is MR?)

A Medical Representative (also called MR or Medical Rep) is a person appointed by a pharma company to promote its brands to the doctors, by following a particular strategy and discipline. He does not sell products directly to chemist, rather he goes to doctor, explain his products and its benefits, quality, price etc. When that particular doctor started prescribing that product, it will be purchased by nearby chemist and sell done. A Medical Representative or MR or Medical Rep is responsible for the sell of a group of products given to his division in his territory. He has been given a specific Target of it and he has to achieve that particular target by following company strategies and by using his own selling skills or marketing skills I should say.


When achieving target by Medical Representative or MR or Medical Rep, company reciprocate him by incentives, like cash, trips or any other way. Now a day, giving a trip either domestic or international, by a pharma company is very common. It has been always a dream for a middle class person to go in such luxurious trips and get a rich treatment. Because in such trips company gets tax benefits and gives its employee a royal facilities like exotic locations, expensive 5 star hotels for stay, gala dinner, liquor and all. Actually, by this way, the company tries to please its employee. So that he remains motivated to achieve targets year after year. If we talk about me, it was my first experience to sit in an Aeroplane. I was the first person in my family to travel abroad. I remember, I was very excited that time. My family felt proud on me and my achievement. Because, I belong to a middle class family. My family or I had never thought of it. It was my company trip on my achievement of target.

Please like n follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AMedicalRepresentative/

No comments:

Post a Comment

ACHIEVEMENTS, APPRAISALS, PROMOTIONS & INCREMENTS OF A MEDICAL REPRESENTATIVE (MR)

Achievements, Appraisals, Promotions, Increments and all... (of a Medical Representative or MR or Medical Rep) Some pharmaceutical com...